Canmore Nordic Centre Enduro / Freeride Trail
In November 2018, CAMBA made an application to Alberta Parks and the Kananaskis Trails Committee for a new Freeride/Enduro trail to be built at the Canmore Nordic Centre. The application for this trail is in response to fulfilling a recreational gap in the existing network of trails that was identified in both the Canmore Nordic Centre Summer Use Trail Master Plan (2009) and the 2016 CAMBA mountain bike trail user survey that had over 230 respondents. CAMBA hired Hang-Time Bike Parks Inc., a respected local trail design, project management and construction company, to provide the conceptual design of this trail. In December 2016, CAMBA received approval in principal for this proposal and is currently working on the detailed design and fundraising plans to see this project through to execution.
Highlights of Trail:
- Contained within the boundaries of the Canmore Nordic Centre utilizing existing access and with links to existing trails.
- Provides the type of trail outlined in the CNC Summer Use Trail Master Plan.
- Multiple feature options for rider progression that will help develop skills.
- A trail with three distinct sections.
- Approximately 1200m of uninterrupted descent with machine-built features.
- Responds to the needs requested by local sports clubs (RMCC, STEEDZ, etc.).
- Provides a trail that compliments the skills learned at the popular CNC Bike Skills Park.
- Will enhance the overall experience of the trail network, adding a highly desired (and currently missing) type of trail while also improving overall trail connectivity.
We are excited to share the trail route and some of the conceptual design sketches from the application. CAMBA will continue to work with Alberta Parks, Hang-Time Bike Parks, local Enduro race team STEEDZ, as well as the Alberta Rocky Mountain Disc Golf Association (ARMDGA) on the detailed design. We are also looking for members to help with the fundraising efforts and if you would like to get involved, please drop us a line at email@example.com.